Saturday, February 27, 2010

Maybe Brian Burke and Rown Wilson knows something about building a winner



I'm amazed how many Leaf fans have recently called for the dismissal of both Brian Burke and Ron Wilson. As if in a few months they can reverse 43 years of futility. How fair is that?

So I have to admit I get great satisfaction and encouragement in watching what has been happening with the U.S. Olympic hockey team. No one really gave them a chance of winning. My guess is only two players, Ryan Miller and Zach Parise, could have made the Canadian team. Yet they are the only undefeated team in the Olympic tournament and playing for gold against the stacked Canadian team.

So who still thinks Brian Burke doesn't know how to build a winner or Ron Wilson can't coach? I'm looking forward to the next few years.