Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tie Domi Just Won't Go Away

I hate Tie Domi. I know I'm in the minority in Toronto but pulling on a Maple Leaf jersey doesn't qualify you for sainthood. Now that he is retired I wish he would just disappear. But that's not going to happen.

As a player he was a cheapshot artist who would show phony remorse when threatened with suspensions. He acted like he was a key component of the team although he sometimes only saw 4 minutes of ice time in games. He verbally abused reporters who wrote things he didn't like and always threatened to sue for libel.

Outside of hockey, not much is different. His ex-wife claims he abused her. He may lied on the stand during the MFP inquiry to clear his brother of potential bribery charges (obviously I can't prove it). Now it comes out that his son's hockey coach accuses him of verbal abuse and Domi is again threatening to sue.

I hope he doesn't sue me.