Sunday, October 08, 2006

that sucking noise is just Josee on the pavement


Hey it was a beautiful fall morning for the Storm Run Club to have its inaugural meeting. A nice light 2 km run/walk along Lawrence Avenue, over the churning Humber River and down charming Scarlett Road. We learnt about aerobic and anaerobic exercise and how we were going to stick to a moderate aerobic pace so that no one would crash on the course. Well most people got that bit of info before we started running. Then there was Josee who happened to have missed the lecture part of the morning. And it wasn't too long before Josee was face down on the pavement just as if she was on the ice. She was making the sucking noise and I swear she was picking up twigs and pebbles just like my shop vac. Her colour wasn't too good either. She looked about the same as Thanksgiving stuffing that had been reheated one too many times. I didn't know if I should wave down a passing Toronto EMS vehicle or shove one of my running power gels in her. Finally I decided she needed alternative transportation. I ran back for my car and carefully steered her back to the arena.

It's just like getting one of those new power tools. You have to read the instructions before operating.