Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dominek Hasek May be Done


"Last 60 minutes is the worst hockey I've played in my life. I have nothing to say about it. It's terrible. I feel very bad about myself."

This is how Hasek summed up his play the other night in game 4 of the Red Wing series against the Predators. He will likely not see anymore games as the Wings are going with Osgood. The Red Wings with the best record during the regular season are reeling and on the verge of elimination against a team that essentially had a fire sale over the summer. Hasek is 43 and a free agent this summer.

He might retire but he is just a year beyond posting 38 wins, with a 2.05 goals-against average in 56 starts. It wouldn't a shock to see a team take a flier on Hasek, for maybe a one-year, incentive-laden deal. Some guys just don't know when its time to leave the game.